Vic Falls at the beginning or end?

Jul 27th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

Vic Falls at the beginning or end?

I'm now starting to put together my thoughts for Botswana with thoughts of a wet, a dry, Jack's camp, possibly another and 1-2 nights at Vic Fall's. Shall I start out or end there.

One thought was starting out there and ending up in Maun which would mean I could either go to Joburg or Cape Town to leave for home. Thoughts?????

Haven't gone through to find all the flight possibilities to go home. More? or the same from Johannesburg or Cape Town?? Haven't decided whether to go direct or back through London or Europe.
Jul 27th, 2004, 04:04 PM

We are thinking along the same lines. I've been told by several travel agents that one day in Vic Falls is enough. We thought of putting Vic Falls at the end, and then flying back to Joburg to make our flight home.

What camps are you thinking of besides Jack's?
Jul 27th, 2004, 05:47 PM

I did Vic Falls first and was happy I did it that way and a one night stay was enough for me because I'd rather put my time and $$ into wildlife viewing than bungee jumping, ultralight flights or rafting.

I think its really a personal choice. Starting there we had about 24 hours and saw the falls and shopped in town and time to relax after all our travels to get there. The chance to rest was good and then move onto the safari. If you want to do some more activities than more time at the falls would be great and perhaps you would want to do it at the end following the safari since you won't be jet lagged.

Following safari it is easy to fly out of Maun to Joburg and then on to where ever.

Search this Thread