Varty chalet Room or Founders

Jan 21st, 2014, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

Varty chalet Room or Founders

I have a choice between the Varty Chalet Room ( not Superior chalet) or the more expensive Founders room. I prefer not to spend the extra on just a bigger room. However if the Founder rooms would permit us viewing animals from our room and the Varty chalet wouldn't I may pay the extra cost. I believe Founders has a watering hole and not sure that Varty does.
I realize Varty camp is larger..I'm ok with that but do want to know if the animal viewing from the lodges would be the same or if Founder's would be better.
Thanks.
Jan 21st, 2014, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

These are all at Londolozi…I apologize I was not clear about that in the post
Mar 1st, 2014, 04:05 AM

No watering hole infront of founders its the Sand river.
It really does not matter weather you stay at Varty or Founders , they both are on the sand river and are about 100 meters or so apart, you will very often see the same animals passing Varty and founders as they forage in the river bed.
Mar 1st, 2014, 06:06 AM

Yes, all of the 5 Londolozi camps face the river. But at certain times of the year the river is all but dried up; this was the case last October when we were there. But we still saw elephants from our deck. The Varty Camp is lovely, as are all the camps there.

Search this Thread