Using airline milage

May 4th, 2004, 02:32 AM
Original Poster

Using airline milage

Saw a site posted on this forum that helps you to book airline tix using milage. If I remember, it helped you find available seatis with whatever company you had milage on. Anyone know the name of this site?
May 4th, 2004, 05:07 AM

www.awardplanner.com

$39.95 for planning a single trip or $99.95 for one year of unlimited service.

I highly recommend Award Planner.

My experience is that I was prepared to waste 120,000 frequent flier miles to fly from New York to Johannesburg (connecting in London) on Virgin Atlantic for Premier Economy class, which appears to be nowhere close to Business Class, but slightly more comfortable than Economy class. That was really the best I could find on my own.

From Johannesburg, I would have needed to pay another $325 per person for the flight between Joburg and Lusaka, Zambia, and that is only for economy class on South African Airways.

Instead, by using Award Planner, they found me Business Class seats on South African Airways (booking with Delta) from London to Johannesburg for 80,000 miles. I had to be in Europe anyway for 10 nights in Italy before leaving to Southern Africa. Then, Award Planner found me free add-on Business Class seats from Johannesburg to Lusaka. Remember, Economy class seats would have cost $325 per person, but now for free I am going on Business Class instead.

Although Award Planner's rules allow them 48 hours to answer each request, I found myself communicatin with them a couple times per day, sometimes by telephone, until this was all finalized. I whole-heartedly recommend Award Planner.

Search this Thread