Single room at Mala Mala -- with NO SUPPLEMENT!

Old Mar 10th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Single room at Mala Mala -- with NO SUPPLEMENT!

Hello,

I've just learned that there is a single room available at Mala Mala -- and since it's a single, there's no single supplement! I've booked three nights as part of my trip in July, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Mala Mala, here I come!

Cheers,
Julian
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 05:21 PM

Received 17 Likes on 1 Post
Congrats, Julian! I had the same luck in Sep04 and spent 6 nights there. The fact that they rent one single room without the SS is awesome for us solo people.

I'll be there 5 nights in June with my 9 & 11 year olds (at a 50% rate for both) and this will be the last chance for that. The cutoff is age 11.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 05:26 PM

Julian,
You are going to have a wonderful time. Congrats on the savings. I bet you're chomping at the bit to get there.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Original Poster

Hello Sundowner and Leely,

Thanks for your congrats -- the real credit goes to Tim Farrell who represents MM in the US. Without him I wouldn't have found out about this great opportunity.

If I'd known about this sooner, I'd have gone long ago. Hopefully more solo travellers will find out about this and realise that being a solo traveller doesn't mean you can't go to Mala Mala -- I can't wait to experience the game viewing Matt and Kaye and others have posted about!

Cheers,
Julian
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 07:51 PM

Julian, Hi I really want to go to mala mala and would like to book this single room, which season would be the best to spot the cats specially lions

Also I have posted my trip report to kanha I hope u have read it. CCA is definately going to do very well on the kanha properties as the park is in prime condition. I would advise going only in feb or march as the jungle of kanha is thick and the spotting is much better at that time

I would not want u to be dissapointed on your first trip to India

Sonali.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 07:59 PM
santharamhari

Sonali,

Malamala should be good/same any time of the year......may be better April to November. There are maybe 3 prides in and out of the area. Styx, Eyerfield and Selati. On a 4 night stay in 2004, i say S and S prides.

However, the focus should be on leopards as the leopard viewing is superlative.......

Julian,

So, i gather.......there is a particular room only? that doesnt hv the SS???

Later
Hari

Old Mar 10th, 2006, 09:55 PM

Julian

That single room - are you sure it's not recently destroyed by fire room 16. When I was there, it looked like only half the roof was gone
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Original Poster

Hello,

Game viewing in the Sabi Sands is generally best between June and September. I'll report back from my July visit.

Matt, if it is No 16, I'll just ask for a ladder so I can sit on the roof and watch the leopard that comes down to the pool at night to drink!

Cheers,
Julian
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 03:31 AM
africnow

That's great Julian. Wish I had known about it earlier! Oh well, next time then.
;-)

Old Mar 11th, 2006, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

Hello Africnow,

Yes, it's definitely something to keep in mind for future trips! It would probably be wise to book far in advance -- since there is only one room and MM is so popular the availability is very tight. You can book the room either through MM direct or through your agent.

Cheers,
Julian
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 05:21 AM

Received 17 Likes on 1 Post
Hari - don't think it's a specific room. I think they only allow one room to be rented at that rate per day. I was in room 10 when I was in the "single" room.