Unpleasant surprises in Egyp?

Feb 14th, 2001, 05:36 PM
sophia

Unpleasant surprises in Egyp?

I will be getting married in 10 mmonths and have decided to travel to Egypt for our honeymoon. More than likely we will be taking a tour with Globus or Tragalgar. I have heard that be better be prepared for unpleasant surprises. What unpleasant surprises? Are trhey referring to transportation from airport to hotel? the food? people? Can someone help? Going to Egypt has been my dream since I was a child. Hlep me decide. Thanks in advance.

Feb 15th, 2001, 02:09 PM
Dick

Sophia, not sure what unpleasant surprises were meant but we experienced no more than the typical trip here in the states. Our Globus trip went quite well (June 2000). Our local guide Nagla has everything just about right. We did note many Eqyptians are a bit more laid back than some of us are accustomed to. Seemed less reason to hurry. For sure you will not encounter toilet paper in many restrooms, you will encounter numerous persons expecting a tip for just about everything, you will see living conditions far less than most of us could imagine, but you will also see many interesting people and sights in an old, old land. Sure the traffic is tremendous in Cairo but then again we were on an air-conditioned bus or van. I was never worried nor concerned about "what might happen next" during our trip. Have a great time.

Search this Thread