umhlanga rocks

Mar 30th, 2001, 07:54 AM
ashley

umhlanga rocks

hello.i am travelling to umhlanga rocks for one month and a half. i am wondering if anyone could tell me about the town. i havent found too much about it on the web.

Mar 31st, 2001, 04:34 PM
Lynda

Hi Ashley,
Umhalnga Rocks is an upmarket residential area that grew from a small tourist center. The beaches are clean and wonderful. It is about 20 minutes drive time North of Durban. Phinda Game reserve is an easy weekend trip from Umhlanga Rocks and well worth the trip if you can splurge! You will need a car, there is no good public transport system in that part of the world.
Hope you have fun

Apr 2nd, 2001, 12:03 PM
Lisa

Umhlanga is a very popular resort with lots of hotels, timeshare and condos all along the beachfront. There is a beautiful winding walk through tropical foliage along the beach front in front of all the properties. There are lots of restaurants and stores. La Lucia mall is about a 10 minute drive. the whole area is very lush and beautiful.
The water is very warm and there is good swimming but you must swim near life guards. The shark board operates out of Umhlanga and it is very interesting to visit it. Monkeys play in front of the condos so keep your windows closed when you are out.

In the school holidays, it is very popular with vacationers and there are lots of activities run by the hotels, particularly for kids. There is good surfing there. If you are flying, it is best to fly into Durban.

Search this Thread