Umbrella?

Apr 23rd, 2005, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Umbrella?

I'll be in South Africa (Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban) and Botswana in two weeks mostly on business and am wondering if I should bring an umbrella? If it were just vacation, I'd have a hooded jacket, but for business wear, that seems a bit inappropriate. Is it rainy at that time - enough to warrant the extra weight of an umbrella?
Thanks,
Karen
Apr 23rd, 2005, 09:20 AM

Karen,

You probably wont need an umbrella however you are not walking into a 4th world scenario as we do have umbrellas to sell in SA. My suggestion is dont bring an umbrella and only buy one locally if need be.

Just my twopence worth.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa
Apr 23rd, 2005, 10:16 AM

In Johannesburg you probably won't get any rain at all, as it's heading into winter. But if it does rain, it will start about 4 PM and last only for an hour or a little longer. When I worked in Jo'burg, people just waited till it stopped raining before leaving work.

Have a great time!
Apr 23rd, 2005, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! Yeah, sounds like there's no need to bring one - and yup, Selwyn, I guess I could always buy one if necessary. (I'm trying to save lots of room in my luggage for all those souvenir purchases I'm planning to make!)

Search this Thread