Ulusaba on Fox reality show

Nov 23rd, 2004, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

Ulusaba on Fox reality show

did anyone else catch the richard branson reality show featuring his game lodge in sabi sabi tonite? i hate reality shows in general but this was great to watch. 2 of the contestants had to sleep out in the bush and all they had was a fire, walkie talkie and a video camera. pretty neat to hear the lions and hippos in the vicinity. gets the juices flowing for my trip in jan.
Nov 24th, 2004, 04:27 AM
sandi

I saw only part of the show - flipping between channels - but be assured these people weren't all that alone out there. You can be certain that security people with weapons weren't too far away... Branson couldn't afford an incident.

Hearing the lions and hippos at night can be heard by most everyone who sleeps at a tented camp; can hear these sounds even in a lodge, we certainly did inside the confines at Singita. The lion roars were so loud they woke most guests who all came out in their night cloths to see where the sounds were coming from... across the Sabi river.

Nov 24th, 2004, 11:13 AM

The funny thing was on stock footage at the beginning of the show, it showed game running past a Mala Mala landrover. I could have that wrong of course being well into my third glass of wine, but I used TIVO so I can go back and make sure.

Also the lions etc were shown through IR but there was no sense of how close they were.

Nov 24th, 2004, 05:34 PM

If so, I'm not surprised! MalaMala has the biggest concession and the chances are excellent to see lion and major wildlife there! Ulusaba is a great place but a little too far west and the concession is much smaller in comparison.

Search this Thread