Search

Uk to Egypt flight suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2005, 03:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uk to Egypt flight suggestions please

Hi all,
I would appreciate any suggestions for airlines from London to Cairo. I have 2 free Premium Economy tickets on Virgin from Newark, so the plan would be to fly to London and spend the night (or 2, as hubby has never been) then fly from there to Cairo for 2 weeks. Thanks in advance for the good advice, Lily
Old Jan 1st, 2005, 04:08 AM

I think your only direct flight options between London and Cairo are British Airways and Egyptair.

If you don't mind changing planes in Europe there are lots of possibilities (Alitalia - change in Milan, Air France - change in Paris, Olympic - change in Athens, Austrian Airlines - change in Vienna etc etc, you get the idea). To get an idea of the options available, I often take a look at Expedia and then research from there.

I flew Olympic in September for this route simply because they were the cheapest by quite a way and the changeover times in Athens weren't too bad.

I don't think there are any charter flights from London to Cairo, they tend to go to Luxor and Sharm.
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 06:13 PM

I have been checking British Air and they only seem to have a late afternoon flight which gets into Cairo late at night.
However, we got a great price quote for JFK to Manchester (stopover) to London to Cairo and back to LAX.
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replys. I found the same results, but wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything.

Old Jan 10th, 2005, 12:35 PM

We are flying Lufthansa from the UK with a layover in Germany. I believe we arrive in Cairo at 2:55pm.