Uganda in April??

Mar 1st, 2005, 12:08 AM
Original Poster

Uganda in April??

I have few days off in April, and consider to go back to Africa(as we usualy do when we have a free week).I was told by tour operators Kenya is not an option (heavy rains).We were in the Serengeti last April so we prefer to go somewhere else.Uganda was suggested by one tour operator, while another one said to avoid it in April. Lonely Planet guide says NO to April, while again another book says 'it's not the best but possible'...What do you guys think? Uganda in April (end of April), or maybe you have other suggestions where we can see animals?Thanks
Mar 1st, 2005, 07:50 AM

hamitzer,

I personally would not push for Uganda in April because of the rains. Of course, it depends on what you hope to do there. One of Uganda's big draws is its primates and I think tracking them in April might be a mud bath.

Unless there was a compelling reason for Uganda at this time, I'd save it for another time of year.

Much of Botswana is good in April, including the Kalahari. Many people on this site have been taking advantage of Zambia's green or "emerald season." You could inquire about that. I think Namibia would be good in April and South Africa is always at least good the year round.

Here is a site that gives guidance on where to go when

http://www.africa-adventure.com/dsp_besttime.html

Let us know what you decide on for your Africa getaway.

Search this Thread