Uganda

May 6th, 2002, 08:39 AM
Sue

Uganda

My son is visiting Uganda. Any special spectacular sites to visit? Landing in Entebbe, has a short visit, but willing to travel distances, if possible.

May 6th, 2002, 09:01 AM
me

He can go to Jinja and see the source of the Nile. It's only about an hour away by bus, and there are camping/hut facilities directly on the water. I stayed at a place called Whitewater Rafters (I think), but there's at least one other comparable place there.

Sep 1st, 2002, 10:06 AM
David

Oh your son can see lots of interesting things, source of river Nile-the world's longest river, can visit the national parks to see a variety of animals,hippos,monkeys,elephants of 65yrs,kobs,name it.This will take him at least a 3 days safari.Just email and will feed you with more details.

Sep 5th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Lynda

Hi:
Have been to Uganda twice, and can recommend Jinja, the source of the Nile. You don't say how long he has there. If it's a couple of days, he could get to Queen Elizabeth park. Also, doing Gorilla tracking at Bwindi (it would be a two day trip) is an experience not to be missed.
I still correspond with my guide in Kampala. Please feel free to have your son contact him. His name is Clif Kisitu - he's a great young man who speaks excellent English, and has his own van. His e-mail address is [email protected]
If you'd like more information, please e-amil me.
Lynda

Search this Thread