Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > U.S. Government Considering Ban On Trophy Hunting By U.S. Residents...

U.S. Government Considering Ban On Trophy Hunting By U.S. Residents...

Jan 6th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Original Poster

U.S. Government Considering Ban On Trophy Hunting By U.S. Residents...

http://allafrica.com/stories/200601050029.html

Although I am opposed to trophy hunting, I do think such a ban would be a disaster and leave the wildlife with virtually no protection from poaching.

Also, if trophy hunters were banned from visiting Zimbabwe to engage in hunting, surely photosafari travelers would likely also be prohibited from visiting Zimbabwe.

Just who do the U.S. Government think will look after the wildlife??? Wildlife conservation is surely not on the minds of whomever is serious about such a ban on travel to Zimbabwe.

If this is a reaction to the last presidential "election" in Zimbabwe, I sure would like to know when we are going to see a democratic election in Saudi Arabia or Kuwait!

I intend to make my second visit to Zimbabwe later this year and will not be deterred. I know that the wildlife depends on our patronage and without it, they are doomed.
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Original Poster

(This ban would apply only to Zimbabwe, as it is not the Bush Administration's intent to dissuade the practice of trophy hunting...merely it their intent to deprive Zimbabwe of any American visitors).

Search this Thread