Reload this Page >

Two weeks in Zimbabwe-What to Do??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 1999, 07:26 PM
Roxanne

My friend (also female) and I are planning a two week trip to Zimbabwe early-mid Nov. and would like some advice about how to maximize fun for minimal cost (we're poor grad students). On the intinerary is Vic Falls, white H2O rafting down the Zambezi, and a short safari in either Zim. or Botswana. Any rec's on where the best safari would be at that time of year, economical but good safari operators, things not-to-miss, cheapest flight route from NYC, clothing, visa requirements, safety considerations for two females travelling together, or other things that come to mind would be much appreciated. Our limit for the safari is probably $1000 or less. <BR>Sorry for all the questions but any advice would really help us out-Thanks! <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 19th, 1999, 08:57 PM
Dejan- POLLO Tourism Services - Cape Town - South Africa

Hello Roxanne, <BR> <BR>We will be pleased to help you and your friend. Please contact me at above email address ASAP; November is a busy season there.

Old Jan 28th, 2000, 11:57 AM
Dave

Hi Roxanne, My family & I are going in May this year. Any tips? <BR> <BR> Dave

Old Jan 28th, 2000, 06:02 PM
Rudy

Hi Roxanne: <BR> <BR>I'd suggest you consider an area of Zimbabwe that is beautiful, but a bit away from the foreign tourist areas. This area would be the eastern highlands. The beautiful city of Mutare might be a starting point. Forested, mountains, no extremes in temperature. Great country for hiking. Get hold of one of the Zimbabwe guide books and read up on the area and see if it interests you. Despite its economic problems now, Zimbabwe is a beautiful country and Zimbabweans are warm and friendly people. I lived there for over five years.

Old Jan 30th, 2000, 10:08 AM
Mark

Dave, <BR> <BR>Was over in SA and Zim year and a half ago. Stayed 3 days in Vic Falls before heading over to Chobe in Botswana. While the Falls are somewhat touristy, they are a must see - spectacular. However, take time to walk around town. One of the best experiences we had was walking from downtown into Zambia. Headed down towards the Falls, through the Zim border post, across the bridge, and into Zambia (and the other side of the falls). At the time there were no other tourists, and it was really eye opening. One of the few chances we had to get out from the tourist routine and see what was really going on. <BR> <BR>For what its worth, <BR> <BR>Mark <BR>