Two nights at Victoria Falls - August

Jan 26th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Original Poster

Two nights at Victoria Falls - August

We're currently planning 2 nights at Victoria Falls in August (fly in mid-day, overnight, full next day and night, fly out mid-day on Day 3.) Assuming we'll still be jet-lagged (arriving at JNB the previous day from Oz) does that sound like too little or too long at the falls? I assume our main activities around the falls will be gawking and sleeping, local walks, nothing too strenuous.

FWIW, after Victoria Falls will follow around 20 days' touring - Jo'burg to Sabi Sands to Ithala to Durban, then fly to Cape Town; so the going will be pretty constant following the days at the falls.

I'd appreciate comments on our use of Victoria Falls as a combination sightseeing/R&R location. Thanks as always.
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:51 AM

We just used Victoria Falls for the same reason. We had a long trip in front of us and it worked out very well. We spent 2 nights there. Go to the Falls early in the morning..we had it to ourselves for quite awhile. Where are you staying?
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

Where are you staying?
Don't know yet. Don't require five stars, don't want bugs. Recommendations?
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:46 PM

We did two nights at the Falls for exactly the same reason, and that was just the right amount of time. I hope you are planning on staying on the Zim side, since viewing the Falls is so much better from there. We took the "Flight of Angels" helicopter trip over the falls, and while it is a very touristy thing to do, I highly recommend it. It is only about a 15 minute flight, and if you do the 9 AM flight, you can still get to the Falls well before the crowds. We stayed at the Stanley and Livingstone , and liked it a lot.

Search this Thread