Reload this Page >

Egypt- Nile Cruise - Dressing for Dinner

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1st, 1999, 08:50 AM
Karen

I will be to Egypt this winter and have been on several cruises in both the Carribean and Mediterranean Seas. People tend to dress formally on theses cruises. Do people tend to dress formally or is dinner more casual? I have the clothes for both, but if I can avoid taking my dress clothes I would prefer it. But I do not want to be under dressed. Any help would be appreciated.

Old Sep 1st, 1999, 07:23 PM
Rosemary

Karen, whether you dress for dinner depends a lot on the ship you sail on. We were on a Sheraton ship a few years ago, and it was not a dress-up affair. Other boats look a bit more dressy. <BR> <BR>I'm going on March, and I'm NOT dressing up too much - no jeans, but no long dresses either. It's MY vacation. <BR> <BR>Rosemary

Old Sep 2nd, 1999, 03:11 AM
Myriam

We were on a 5* cruiseship and the dressing for dinner was casual, except for one "candlelight dinner". Even then no long dresses and no tux's.

Old Sep 2nd, 1999, 06:45 PM
Rosemary

Karen, do you know which ship you will be on? I have a brochure from the Sonesta and it looks super. <BR> <BR>Rosemary

Old Sep 6th, 1999, 07:19 AM
Tony Hughes

I was also on a Five Star rated ship last year and the dress code was minimal. All they said was dont wear shorts to dinner. Many of the ships have a 'fun' night where they like you to dress up in the manner of a local instead of a candelit dinner (they provide the clothes). <BR> <BR>regards

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 08:31 AM
Karen

<BR>Thank you for all your help. Rosemary I don't know the name of the ship yet, but from the information I have received, it looks like I can leave the good clothes home.