Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Two FREE Domestic Tickets with International Flight on SAA (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/two-free-domestic-tickets-with-international-flight-on-saa-513760/)

sandi Mar 18th, 2005 01:11 PM

Two FREE Domestic Tickets with International Flight on SAA

Just received the following:

SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS ANNOUNCES

FIRST TWO DOMESTIC FLIGHTS ARE FREE ANYWHERE
IN SOUTH AFRICA IN CONJUCTION WITH AN
INTERNATIONAL TICKET

STARTING APRIL 1

NEW BOOKINGS ONLY

CALL NOW TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS SPECIAL

Free Cell Phone Rental in South Africa

Call Carmella, Margo or David

800-545-1910, fax 215-893-0357

[email protected] www.premiertours.com

twoaussies Mar 19th, 2005 05:38 AM

This is a blatant ad for Premier Tours. Get rid of it.

Roccco Mar 19th, 2005 07:15 AM

twoaussies,

Sandi had contributed solidly to this board for years.

Personally, I am thankful for the post. While three in my party are traveling with frequent flier tickets, with one free regional flight, for my sister, I have been searching up and down for an affordable economy class ticket that will go from Los Angeles - Johannesburg - Lusaka - Johannesburg - Hoedspruit - Johannesburg - Los Angeles. The two free regional flights are perfect, and would get her to Lusaka and to Hoedspruit for FREE!

Please leave this message alone. I don't hit too many dead ends when it comes to putting together my custom trips, but I had been hitting a brick wall in finding affordable airfare, until this message was posted by Sandi. If it benefits me, I am sure it can benefit quite a few more people who are not half as well-versed as I am on putting together more affordable packages.

WinterTravel Mar 19th, 2005 09:22 AM

Roccco - Sorry to barge into this Africa post, but we've been hoping to find you for some help with India. We've read your postings with great interest, as we are planning a Rajasthan trip ourselves for later this year. You've clearly done a lot of research. Just wondering if you booked all of your hotels, flights, etc... directly or did you use a travel operator that you think highly of? Thanks, and again apologies for interrupting this Africa post....

Roccco Mar 19th, 2005 09:36 AM

WinterTravel,

Yes...research is my middle name! :)

Do me a favor and drop me an e-mail with an "India" or "Rajasthan" heading and I will be glad to assist you. I don't want to take up more space on this forum.

Although I did not end up going last year to India (went to Italy & Zambia instead), I did keep all of my correspondences with numerous agents, and I can lead you in the right direction. :)

Roccco Mar 19th, 2005 09:39 AM

Also please note that my email address is [email protected]

It is a bit hard to see the underscore between rocco and morelli, as it is underlined on this forum.

sandi Mar 19th, 2005 01:44 PM

twoaussies -

"a blatant ad for Premier Tours" I think not! You too can add your name to their mailing list and received these just as I do.

If this is an ad for Premier, then so is mention of every other tour operator (go2afica, pulse tours, cardboard box, roy safaries, east and southern safaries, born free, taga safaris, and on and on); tour guide, hotel or camp recommendation (serenas, sopas, norfolk, intercontinental, fairview, giraffe manor, sweetwaters, governors, tortilis, ol tukai, satao, cottars, mara bush, saruni, rekero, ol malo, mukhtan, impala, ngurduto, arusha coffee lodge, tree lodge, swala, kikoti, crater lodge, farnhouse, nduto lodge, kirawira, klein's camp, migration and on and on) that people are seeking when they participate on this or any other travel message board.

It's quite obvious when an individual poster is advertising their own services, and those posters are advised of the Fodor's "rules." I've used Premier previously for my own tickets, am on their mailing list and offer them as resource, so others can obtain competitive airfares.

If Premier Tours has this special, then so does SAA... it's up to you whom you wish to contact!!!

WinterTravel Mar 20th, 2005 10:34 AM

Rocco -- we emailed you today. Thanks!

Roccco Mar 22nd, 2005 12:04 AM

Sandi,

Thanks for the referral. Despite the fact that I was not able to use the special, I was still able to save quite a bit off my sister's ticket.

While my mom, my wife and I are all flying business class and have a free transfer to Lusaka, Zambia, I will be buying my sister's economy ticket from LAX - Atlanta - Joburg - Lusaka.

With Premier Tours it is as if I am getting the Lusaka flight for free. Best of all, unlike Travelocity or Expedia, Premier Tours is holding this ticket for me for 2 weeks! :)

Roccco Mar 22nd, 2005 12:07 AM

Winter Travel,

I got your e-mail but I have had my hands full with a couple projects. I will give your e-mail my full attention in the next couple days. :)

sandi Mar 22nd, 2005 03:38 AM

Roccco - Glad this special worked for at least one of your tickets. I feel it's good to have (and share with thers) all resources for travel, and have found Premier's consolidation department to be very professional with competitive prices. Happy Travels!

WinterTravel Mar 22nd, 2005 06:45 PM

Rocco - Thanks for letting us know (with spam filters, one always wonders these days!). We look forward to your thoughts whenever you have time. Thanks again!