Turkey mapquest

Mar 7th, 2006, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

Turkey mapquest

Does anyone know of a mapquest type site that covers Turkey. Or a link to a mileage/driving time chart? I can't find anything that resembles a Turkish road map and need to know how much driving time to allow. Thanks
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:06 AM

If you haven't already, please post question also to Europe forum (I know only a small part of Turkey is in Europe but that is where Fodors considers the country of Turkey to be in these forums and so the "real" Turkey people will be over there). But I did google and find the following site with chart of driving distances between major Turkish cities. http://www.sammystravel.com/info/distances.htm We drove from Marmaris to Bodrum to Izmir over several days in a rental car a couple of years ago and found the roads excellent and driving easy there. (We are from the U.S.)
Mar 7th, 2006, 08:08 AM

Also, I found http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichel...MaHomePage.htm. Don't know how good it is, but it should work at least a bit like mapquest for driving directions.
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:27 PM
sandi

How about picking up a Michelin map of Turkey. Though we didnt drive in Turkey, we've found the Michelin maps valuable. Besides, distances, you'll get a pretty good picture of just how big the country is.

The major roads are in good condition for driving, road signs are in English. But you've got to watch out for slow moving local vehicles, farm equipment. Also watch for those drivers with a heavy foot.

Happy travels.

Search this Thread