Turkey/Aegean with Children

Jun 8th, 1999, 06:34 AM
David

Turkey/Aegean with Children

We will be traveling to Turkey next month with our three children (9,8,6). We plan to spend a week on the Aegean. Can anyone recommend a good family hotel or resort in any of the areas (Bodrun, Marmoris, Kasudasi or vicinity). Any other ideas on places to go/see in Turkey or Greece would be appreciated.

Jun 8th, 1999, 06:42 AM
Jo

I can't recommend accommodation sorry, but if you're staying in a main centre I wouldn't go to Bodrum - I found it very touristy and expensive compared to the rest of Turkey. I preferred both Marmaris (the market at Marmaris is quite good) and Kusadasi. Theres a great boat trip from Marmaris that takes in some tombs, a mud bath (your children will love that!), turtle beach and an opportunity to swim/snorkal in a beautiful corally spot. Near Kusadasi theres a swimming baths with a few slides that your children could happily spend a day at (theres one in Marmaris too but apparently its unsafe). I think the peninsula east of Bodrum is suppose to be very beautiful. Turkey is a great country.

Search this Thread