Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Tunisia-still safe for 21 year old girls to visit next month?

Tunisia-still safe for 21 year old girls to visit next month?

Jan 27th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

Tunisia-still safe for 21 year old girls to visit next month?

My daughter is studying in Sicily for her college semester abroad and is interested in going with 3 friends to Tunisia for a long weekend.She is interested in history and anthropology;has traveled alot overseas and is very mature.Has anyone been there lately? Did you feel that you were safe-she would be there for about 3 days and probably just stay in Tunis or surrounding areas. How did you get there and from where? Thanks for any info. She has limited access time in Sicily on the internet so she wanted me to gather any info regarding the trip.
Jan 27th, 2006, 09:17 AM

I posted a trip report that you can find by clicking on my screen name. I stayed at Hotel Carlton, very safe, nice room, reasonably priced and central location. I felt no less safe in Tunisia than I did in Sicily, meaning completely safe in both places. Its very easy to get around Tunisia by louage (shared taxi), and you can get to sites within daytrip distance of Tunis for a few dollars by louage or train. Its a very easy country through which to travel.

I think she's need to connect via Rome (Palermo or Catania to FCO) and then flight to Tunis, or maybe through Milan.

Glad to see someone interested in a non-safari destination.

Search this Thread