Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Tunisia questions: package 14 nights Sol Club Kantaoui good idea?

Tunisia questions: package 14 nights Sol Club Kantaoui good idea?

Nov 22nd, 2002, 02:19 AM
Mary

Tunisia questions: package 14 nights Sol Club Kantaoui good idea?

BCAA has a package trip air, meals and hotle af 14 nights at Sol Club Kantaoui in Tunisia.
We've never been to the country before. Two single women. Wonder about travelling around, to see the country should we take the optional day tours or travel alone? Is it safe for two 40ish women alone traveling?
I know the tours would be safer but they can be pricey and also they may drag one to shopping places which are just a waste of precious time or do other stalling things for commisions while rushing us through interesting places. That's happened to me before in the Philipines and Israel. Also do you NEED shots to travel safely in Tunisia? I hate shots and often have bad reactions but the BCAA web page says a bunch are recommended.

Nov 22nd, 2002, 04:48 AM
kelly

Hi Mary,

I was in Tunisia last year as a single woman and I had a wonderful time. I was not on a tour or package, I arranged it all on my own. I really don't like the package/tour type of arrangements as I prefer to do things at my own pace. I felt very safe in Tunisia and I don't feel safety is really a reason for a tour there (and could be argued in fact for the opposite). The point you make about them dragging you to shopping etc is very much valid. I have no idea where this Sol Club is located, but I wouldnt want to stay in the same place, eating at the hotel restaurant for 2 weeks. Tunisia is a small country and 2 weeks would give you enough time to see quite a bit. I have a trip report and photos if you are interested:

http://www.advweb.com/kelly/tunisia

Sorry can't really help about the shots, I had traveled elsewhere in Africa prior and had already recieved just about everything so I do not know what is specific for Tunisia.

Have a wonderful trip,
Kelly

Search this Thread