Tunisia or Morocco in March/April?

Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:25 PM
April

Tunisia or Morocco in March/April?

Please help us with this tough decission. We are trying to decide where to go in MIarch/April next year.
We are looking for for places with lots of history, different cultural experiences (we are from the USA), places with nice people, extraordinary scenery, places to walk or hike. Do not care about sunbathing on the beaches but like to take long walks.
What country would you chose?
Tunisia or Morocco?
Thank you for any ideas

Oct 3rd, 2002, 04:48 AM
Topper

ttt

Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:31 AM
Ursula

Hello April!

I've been travelling around in both countries and just came back last weekend from a (mainly) beach holiday in Tunisia (Djerba Island).

For culture, I'd head for Morocco, definitely. Breathtaking sights, landscapes, etc. Don't miss a trip into the High Atlas (Ouarzazate, Dades and Dra Valley). Just beautiful.
Tunisia is beautiful as well, but if I had to decide between the two, I would not hesitate a single second and go back to Morroco (which I eventually will).
Please do your homework re. dos and dont's and you won't face major problems.
A smile on your face can open doors.

Weather in both months should be fine during the day, expect cooler temps at night. Perfect for sightseeing.

Hope, this helps a little to make up your final decision.

Oct 5th, 2002, 11:38 AM
Florence

Hi Ursula,hope you don't mind sharing a little more of your trip to Morocco.Do you have any difficulty moving from one place ot another especially the High Atlas area and the valleys you have mention.Intend to make a trip there early next year and have been reading quite abit about Morocco.Can I travel from Quarzazate to Fes Travelling through valleys,beautiful landscape, canyons etc...by using public transport.I can only speak English and I am not sure if I will encounter difficulties or will it be more adviseable to follow a local tour over there.I have more confidence in exploring cities like Fes Marrakech Rabat but to the country side .... well I need to hear from people like you that have been to there that can give good advise as well as first hand info.Here in my country S'pore there are package tour to Morocco but I wish to do it on our own.In between I should stop at Erfoud as there is so much to see along this route.Please share if you have been to Erfoud and please do help me with some your experiences.Thank you

Search this Thread