Tunisia in December

Sep 10th, 2000, 04:05 AM
haritz

Tunisia in December

has someone been to Tunisia in December? I have to take 10 days holidays before New Year, and I've thought about going on a one-week (7 nights, 8 days) tour to Tunisia. Is it warm,cool... (even when nights are cold, and during the day difficult to swim). I suppose we'll have to wake up soon, since days are the shortest in the year, but appart of it (or even included it), any recommendation, advice...

Sep 15th, 2000, 02:49 AM
jim

I had the same question, but in November. I've read that, although a Muslim nation, tourists should generally wear their usual clothes. But I had the doubt about Kairouan, the holy-city: I'll visit it with my girlfriend and I'd like to know if we can visit together the Mosque if she -or even me- has to wear some special clothe...

Sep 15th, 2000, 04:21 AM
Joelle

Ramadan is this year between end of November and end of December, so it means the activity is going to be pretty slow and some restrictions (services and behaviour) may occur.

The temperature in Tunisia varies between 10 and 18 degrees Celsius during the day in December. Sometimes the weather is better, but this is not 100% sure.

Sep 22nd, 2000, 05:07 AM
jim

If you travel in December, do not forget a good jersey, specially at night in the desert.

Search this Thread