TSETSE BITE

Jan 25th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

TSETSE BITE

I have a strong feeling i was bitten by a tsetse fly a few days ago!! Its on my head, itches like crazy and the bump seems to b growing slowly! What should i do, im worried!
Jan 25th, 2011, 01:29 PM

Go see a doctor!
Tsetse bites are nasty and hurt/itch... but a bump!
Maybe you hit something or something hit you?
Again... doctor!
Jan 25th, 2011, 01:32 PM

Indeed! Don't waste time asking here. Get thee to a doctor or, at the least, a pharmacist for evaluation and referral.
Jan 25th, 2011, 10:24 PM

That's not a Tsetse bite I think. I had dozens in Tanzania; we were literally swarmed with them, in an area somewhere between Seronera and Grumeti.

It stings, so you feel that immediately, and you can swipe 'em off. Or kill them, to which our guide said "I'm gonna have to report that, as it's forbidden to kill animals in the park"

Anyway, apart from the sting you feel nothing. I did not get any swellings or whatever. In your case it seems as if a bug laid a few eggs in your skin. When those grubs start to eat and crawl around, it can itch a lot and also get very painful.

But it can be easily removed. Tip; ask the doc to keep whatever he finds in a small jar. Be honest; a travel story does not get much cooler than that, and a souvenir cannot get more unique!

Search this Thread