Trip to Kenya

Oct 12th, 2000, 03:35 PM
Bobby Olen Grace

Trip to Kenya

I am going to Kenya March 16th next year. I have never been to Africa but have traveled the world including China and most of Europe. I would like to hear from anyone who has been there and can tell me what to expect on safari and at the game camps like Treetops and Mt. Kenya Safari Club, Mayfair hotel in Niarobi, what about the food and water? We will be flying to London from SFO and then at 10:30pm leaving for Niarobi after a day room in London. We have booked on Kenyan Air. We could change to British Air maybe. Is Niarobi and the parks safe? Thanks for any help or comments, Buckspc

Oct 13th, 2000, 04:01 AM
hector

Hello Bobby Olen Grace:
If you do search on this forum you will find some great information. There are reports, from many travelers, that were very helpful in planning our safari.
I wouldn't even think about going to Safari Club but this is only my personal opinion. Some people on this forum liked it some people did not.Read TC's report on Mt. Kenya Safari Club. I do agree with her completely. What would you like to know about food and water? Food is great, everywhere you go there is free (at least in our case)bottled water which we used even for brushing our teeth. Don't drink too much coffe or tea because water in Kenya has a large amount of magnesium. Please ask some specific questions after reading reports from TC, Bert and the others. We used Air Kenya too. What would you like to know about it? What about safety? Your safety has a lot to do whether you are going alone or not. We were there for two weeks in July and never felt at any kind of risk. Never!Read Bert's report and you will find the answer to this question. I hope you will have as much fun as we did.

Search this Thread