Tanzania Tour companies

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 12:04 AM
Tom

Tanzania Tour companies

Looking for a good local operator in Arusha to do a safari and killimanjaro climb. Anyone have suggestions, good recommendations or companies to avoid?

Also, anyone have any experience with a company called Bondei Tours? Found them on the web and they seem to have good prices.

Any help is much appreciated.

Tom

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 04:57 AM
Tonna

Hi Tom
You are in a right place to get the answer to your question by doing text search under Tanzania. You will find here many, many ideas that include recommendations for a number of tour operators. When we planned our safari the most difficult part was to decide whom to choose. There are so many of them. Many are doing a great job but a few are dissappointing. So do your search here first. Have a great trip. Did you consider safari in Bostwana? It is the best place for safari and we been to Tanzania, Kenya and South Africa. Bostwana winsevery time.

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 08:17 AM
Tom

Thanks for the tips. I chose tanzania because I also want to go to Kilimanjaro and Zanzibar. Maybe I can get to Botswana next time.

Any tips on choosing a local safari operator?

Tom

Old May 14th, 2001, 12:58 AM
rachel sumaria

Hi Tom. We used vintage africa (vintageafrica.com) and they are excellent. Hope the advice is not too late.

Old May 14th, 2001, 04:54 AM
m

We used Bobby Tours when we did the northern circuit. They're based in Arusha and they have a web page. you should be able to bring them up if you do a search on the internet. I also used Coastal Tours but they were for the southern circuit and Mafia Island. Good luck.

Old May 14th, 2001, 07:52 AM
Tom

Tom: We used Hoopoe Tours in 99 and had a great trip. They arranged a private tour for 4 people. They were recommended by Fodors and Lonely Planets guide books for East Africa. Booked entirely by fax and email. We did a 5 day safari of the Serengeti and Ngorogoro Crater. If we could change anything, we would stay longer at the Ngorogoro Lodge a couple days longer.