Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Trip to Dubai... Not for me... But in Need of a Fodorite>>>>>>>> (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/trip-to-dubai-not-for-me-but-in-need-of-a-fodorite-803084/)

gotleib1 Aug 26th, 2009 03:21 AM

Trip to Dubai... Not for me... But in Need of a Fodorite>>>>>>>>

Dubai. Desert Oasis to the rich and famous. Diamond in the rough of the Middle East. A city vibrant and alive, the culmination of millennia of power, intellect, prestige, and beauty. Modern Dubai, under the leadership of Prince Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum is by far the most progressive city in the Middle East. Showcasing the beauty of the desert, the zenith of Arabian charm infused with the best parts of twenty-first century culture.

Raffles. The Traveler’s Palm. A symbol that drives a hotelier and hotelier that drives a symbol. The Raffles chain of hotels around the world, are renowned the world over for their, beauty, attention to detail, amenities, and gifted staff. Ever had the pleasure of a Singapore Sling? The bar at the Raffles Singapore conceived that perfect harmony of ambrosia. Considered by Conde Nast Traveler in the both the US and Across the pond to be one of the best hotels in the world, the Raffles Dubai beckons your arrival, so that it’s skilled staff will have the opportunity to minister to your every beck and call as you sit nestled comfortably within the confines of a nineteen-story glass pyramid; in the heart of Dubai, overlooking the city and all it’s splendor.
When combining the mysterious, wonderful, and decidedly splendorous nature of Dubai, with the assured comfort and elegance assured by Raffles, the resulting product is one of the utmost qualities.

For your next great trip that will provide memories and experiences that will last a lifetime and be the envy of even your closest of friends, take the Raffles Dubai experience.
Included in this trip of a lifetime:

*Five Nights in a Signature Suite (valued at 3,500 AED per night)
*Breakfast Each Day for Two.
*Excursions developed by the Dubai Tourism Authority
*A Thrilling Desert Safari
*City Tour
*Visit to the traditional souks (including the world’s largest open air gold buying bazaar)
*Tour of the breathtaking Jumeriah Mosques
*Visit to the Cultural Center, Sahary Gate for a history lesson on the UAE.
*Ski Passes to SkiDubai – the Middle East’s premier indoor skiing destination.

This trip of a lifetime is something you will not regret and must take place before December 31st 2009. I’d be going myself if it were not for a broken leg. (Dr. says that desert sand is not exactly the best thing for it) It's a trip I have dreampt of taking, but cannot due to my leg :( Nothing would make me happier than for someone else to enjoy it.)

Conservatively valued at $7,500 plus, this trip of a lifetime for you and friend, companion, or spouse(or all three as the case may be) is yours for $5950.00

Interesting and comparably valued trades (including trades + cash) of any nature considered.

Inquires may be made to davisDOTcpATgmailDOTcom
(replacing DOT with "." and AT with "@", no quotations)

dutyfree Aug 26th, 2009 05:33 AM

With the exception of the "signature suite" hotel-I have done all of the above for a total of less than $200USD.
Hope you find someone?

spassvogel Aug 26th, 2009 09:46 AM

The description of Dubai is hilarious and some facts are missing

- by far the most ignorant destination in regard to environmentally consciousness or the lack thereof
- a fundamentalist sharia ruled government which was able to make the world belief it's a modern and democratic country

Each to his/her own...........

SV

Grcxx3 Aug 26th, 2009 11:46 AM

Never liked Dubai - too modern. DS loves the Mall of the Emirates and Ski Dubai, but I can do without. Okay to transit thru, but my 3 quick visits there were enough.

Oh - and doesn't this seem like advertising? Which, um...., isn't allowed on Fodors.

thit_cho Aug 26th, 2009 01:42 PM

I enjoyed my week in Dubai, but the price of this trip is a joke -- as the first response noted, the non-hotel activities can be done for less than $100, and I would never dream of spending $1,000 per night for a hotel. What does desert sand have to do with a busted leg?

dutyfree Aug 27th, 2009 07:42 AM

I was confused about the broken leg in regards to the sand too. Dubai is nothing but steel and concrete!

dutyfree Aug 27th, 2009 07:43 AM

Just noticed it was the first and only post of this person-definitely against Fodors parameters.