Trip report and pictures from Johannesburg

Jan 19th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Trip report and pictures from Johannesburg

Hi

I would just like to say that I have posted a trip report with some pictures on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com from a trip to Johannesburg in South Africa recently. This was first of all a trip to visit the family but we also got a chance to visit places like the Apartheid museum, Constitution Hill, the theme park Gold Reef City, Cradle of Humankind, South African National Museum of Military History etc. We also got to go on a wonderful safari at Djuma Game Reserve located in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve near the Kruger Park. I will make a separate trip report for the safari so I can share all the pictures of the animals with you

Regards
Gard Karlsen
Stavanger, Norway
Jan 19th, 2005, 11:47 AM

Gard, thanks so much for the trip report. I've read some of the other trip reports on your website in the past. You do a fabulous job of them, and this latest one is no exception. Your material is very well organised, with a combination of practical information for travellers, personal accounts and photos. It sounds as if you had a very interesting time, and of course it must have been lovely to see your family members as well.
Jan 19th, 2005, 01:58 PM

Gard, thanks for this great report! It brought back so many memories for me -- of when I lived in Jo'burg many years ago, and also of our trips back. I especially liked hearing about your braai at Zoo Lake Park -- one of our favorite things to do years ago. And your trip down the mine at Gold Reef City made me remember doing the same thing. A little scary, but oh so fascinating!

Loved the pictures! Thanks!
Celia
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:31 AM
Original Poster

Hi

Thanks for the feedback guys. I hope that the trip report can be of some use to others and show that Joburg is not just about crime. I will be posting the trip report from the safari soon.

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com

Search this Thread