TRIP AROUND THE WORLD

Mar 14th, 1997, 08:24 AM
paige beck

TRIP AROUND THE WORLD

we are planning the same trip. just getting started on the itinerary....plan to go europe,africa and then asia. i used to live in france and hong kong, if you need any ideas for europe or asia let me know. did you look into around the world airline tix what do you suggest????

Jul 30th, 1997, 12:10 AM
Sara

I am planning the same type of trip, maybe for a little longer though
I have done europe and have lived in SA for 20 years.
If you need advice on SA, i'll be happy to give it. My main destination
is Australia and so have done lots of reading about that
Also have a lot of telephone numbers for Flight bookers.

Aug 1st, 1997, 12:31 AM
JANINE

Hi! Wow, I wish it were me planning a trip around the world. I can offer you some info on Turkey if you are planning to include in your itinerary. I am an Australian (there's a place to go as well!) living in Turkey with my young son. It is a truely amazing and beautiful country. I live in Göreme, Cappadocia (the land of the 'fairy chimneys' and 'lunar landscape'. Pop into our website for a look.
hotels.wec-net.com.tr/ottoman and indigo.wec-net.com.tr.
Enjoy yourselves if there's any more info you need please email me.
Cheers, Janine

Aug 18th, 1997, 03:57 PM
DEB SURVIL

Janine-
I have often wanted to travel to Turkey, but I lost my traveling partner recently. I am a single female travelling alone-would that be a problem. We were always quite unafraid to travel to foreign lands, unless they had squiggly alphabets-is it a problem to not know the language or writing?

Aug 21st, 1997, 02:56 PM
karen

Hi Janie...
I believe I met you in Turkey this summer. You were at a bar with you cute young blonde son (the cave bar with the belly dancers...) anyway...it's a small world.
I can't get used to being back in the US. I think that it's time for me to travel again...
Write if you get a [email protected]

Sep 2nd, 1997, 08:41 PM
Julie

We have traveled around the world many times, Asia, China, Thailand, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Baharain, Africa, all of Europe, England, Ireland, Wales, Greece, France, Spain, etc. Best idea is not to try to see it ALL but be selective about what you want to see. China is not so easy on your own as not many speak English and it is still a controlled society, Kenya is wonderful but takes time to see, Japan is great, crowded and expensive, Spain is full of tourists, unless you go north which is very beautiful. Please email us abut specif questions.

Oct 3rd, 1997, 03:53 PM
Hillary

I am a 29 yr. old female travelling solo to SA in Nov/Dec. Would like to originate trip in Capetown and head up the Garden Route. Will be hostelling/bakcpacking/camping/biking etc. Can you give any advice? Will also be leaving for world trip in late January via the same travelling methods. Starting in SE Asia and working my way West. Advice? Thanks.

Oct 31st, 1997, 08:45 PM
Sue

Hiliary, since you mentioned hosteling, I thought I would mention that there is a really neat "hostel" close to Krueger Park. You stay in "Zulu huts" that have bunk beds and a bath in the hut. We ate in a open Zulu hut that really had a lot of atmosphere. Also, we stayed at YMCA's and YWCA's which are very clean and inexpensive. I especially liked the one in Pietermaritzburg. Durban has an interesting Indian market but you have to be very careful as pickpocketers are all over. While I was there I rented a car for 2 weeks so I not for sure how the best way to get around. I found the people to be very friendly and always willing to help. Happy Holidays on your trip.

Nov 3rd, 1997, 12:06 PM
susan

Just returned from a 3month trip around the world - NY-Australia-Singapore- Western Malaysia -Southern Africa (incl South Africa, Vic Falls and Madagascar)- Hungary - UK -NY. Got point to point tickets although it was considered a RTW fares. Prices varied greatly so call as many brokers as possible before buying tickets.

Would recommend being more selective with stops. Made my choices based on where I had friends to stay with and a wedding I had to attend. Felt like I could have stayed longer at each location but glad to have gotten to see as much as I did.

Have a great trip and, if you have questions on any of the places I went, email.

Feb 12th, 1998, 09:32 AM
Brian

If you are interested in an around the world trip with a different spin, consider semester at sea. Its a 100 day boat trip around the world, mainly credited college students, but about 50 older people + professors as well. Learn about the world as you go. 4-5 days each to 10 ports. I went in fall of 1996, and loved it. www.pitt.edu/~voyage or my homepage gladstone.uoregon.edu/~fryguy/sas.html if you want more info.

Mar 27th, 1998, 05:44 PM
Carlos Silva

We do have tickets for sale round-the-world. We are a consolidator in NY area
Carlos

Search this Thread