Trevor Shaw Photo Safari

Oct 14th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Original Poster

Trevor Shaw Photo Safari

Has anyone taken this safari? I bought the trip at a Gala and would like info. Thanks
Oct 14th, 2007, 05:43 PM

When I googled it, I came up with this:
"Trevor Shaw -- owner of Zulu Nyala Game Lodge -- has donated a luxury Photo Safari Package"

So I think I can answer you because a co-worker of mine just came back from a 6-night safari for two that she won at an auction a year ago to Zulu Nyala Game Lodge. They had to get their own air.

This was her first trip to Africa and she was hesitant. At one point she even talked of trying to sell it to a third party. But she and her husband went and they absolutely loved it. Now they want to go back to Africa.

She was even able to bargain a deal for having another couple join them. The other couple did not get the auction terms, but it was a decent deal. They did not accept the first offer for the couple to join and the price went down.

My co-worker flew to Joburg and overnighted, then on to Durban where they rented a car. They wondered about getting a car, but had no problems.

They spent one day at Phinda and were thrilled with the game viewing there and felt it was superior to where they were. But overall they felt they got one heck of a deal and everything went well.

[If anyone has noticed that I have mentioned this co-worker or that co-worker and their Africa trips, it is because suddenly they are all going to Africa.]
Oct 14th, 2007, 06:00 PM

WE are also going to be at Zulu Nyala. We will be there the 13the-19th of Nov. I have heard mostly good things although just to go there might be termed "safari-lite". We added another 2 weeks on to our vacation because after traveling for 27 hours to get there, 6 days just didn't seem worth it.
Search on this site and on tripadvisor.com typing Zulu Nyala into the search line. I think I only found one negative post .
When will you be going?
Oct 15th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Original Poster

I will be going next year probably around this time. I don't want to be there in the summer..to hot. I will be adding on to the trip also. That 25+ hour of travel requires more time to be able to face the trip back.
Oct 19th, 2007, 11:11 AM

I just returned from ZN two weeks ago and my husband and I had a wonderful time! I'm posting a trip report if you'd like more info.
Martha
May 24th, 2008, 04:46 AM
pdm

I bought the same trip at an auction...seems like everyone at in the US goes that way...how much did you pay? Was it worth it? where is the best place to stay within Zula Nyala?? We are planning to go end of Sept-Oct 09.We are a middle aged couple!