Search

Egypt in May

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 1997, 09:32 PM
Art

Egypt in May

Thinking of a Nile River cruise after May 15th but before June 15. What kind of weather (heat) can we expect in Cairo and Luxor?
We will proabaly look for an organized tour and any suggestions will be very welcome.

Old Apr 25th, 1997, 12:58 PM
Gene Kasprzyk

It will be HOT!!! Afternoons will reach 100+ far.
No need to go extravagant unless you just need special attention. I've used TWA getaway vacations to Egypt. You can spend as little or as much as you want. I enjoy doing my own research and going it semi-alone. Hire your own guides.driver along the way. Or have a travel agent set up something. Egypt really is inexpensive. Want to spend a bunch go Abercrombie and Kent. Save money with TWA. You will see the same things. The accomodations will be the difference, but you can get excellent hotels and amenities without spending a mummies arm and a leg.

Gene

Old Apr 28th, 1997, 12:59 PM
EILEEN

Egypt will be HOT, but beautiful. We found taking a TWA GETAWAY tour the best. They treat you like King Tut's gold!! It will be an unforgettable trip. Enjoy!

Old Apr 30th, 1997, 04:51 PM
l.martin

I hope you have booked your trip to Egypt because it will be the MOST memorable trip you have ever been on---yes, the weather will be very hot but we went in August (worse than your time) and Aswan was 110 degrees so you are sure to wear cotton or linen in light colors--it is dry---don't know your age but shorts are acceptable on the Nile cruise even though travel books may say otherwise--be sure to check out your boat--have heard of some disappointments--name of ours was Ramses King of the Nile which was quite nice. The cruise is fabulous--Luxor magical--be sure to tack on several days in Cairo to see all that you can since you are there. E-mail me for any more info.

Old May 7th, 1997, 07:59 PM
Simrin

As the others above me have stated, it will be quite warm when you go there. I went in the middle of June last year and it was 117 Faren. I also took a cruise; it was part of a tour. The ship was called the Nile Romance. It was nice, but do consider some exploration on land. The views of Egypt you'll get while on the ship are amazing, but nothing beats travelling to the sites on land.

Old May 11th, 1997, 12:34 PM
Seth Raphaeli

I am looking for a tour/cruise what have you to Egypt that
will encompass land as well as river touring. Does
anyone have any suggestions of which agency I call call?
I would like it to allow me time in the cities as well
as the sites but also be economical.
Any advice will be most appreciated.