Search

Must do's in SA???

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2002, 04:10 AM
Kim

Must do's in SA???

Hello,<BR><BR>I plan on spending 6 weeks to 2 months in South Africa arriving around the 20th of Dec. I have no major plans except that I'd like to be in Cape Town for New Years Eve. So I need advice, tips, stories whatever you can throw at me. I'd love to hear all about it. Thanks

Old May 27th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Tracy

Hi Kim<BR>I had dealings with a company called Wild Sensations Tours and Safaris, they do everything from a transfer to booking accommodation to safaris. Excellent company with great staff who will make sure your holiday is filled with all the right kinda stuff, my trip was absolutely fantastic. Their email address is [email protected]. Give them a try you won't go wrong.<BR>Good luck<BR><BR>Tracy

Old May 27th, 2002, 09:41 AM
kavey

Tracy<BR><BR>You seem to have posted about Wild Sensations on every thread in the top 10 in the last few minutes.<BR><BR>Have you taken a trip with Wild Sensations recently?<BR><BR>You mention in another thread that the company is owned by your family?<BR><BR>If your recommendation is truly not an attempt at promotion, perhaps you could share more about your trip details and why Wild Sensations worked out so well for you? <BR><BR>It would also be more truthful to mention in your post that you are recommending your family business.<BR><BR>Kavey<BR>

Old May 28th, 2002, 05:24 AM
local

Kim<BR><BR>This is indeed a very tall order as it really depends on what your interests are. If you can give us an idea of what you are looking for we can maybe give you some ideas. They do not call SA the world in one country for nothing.<BR>

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 05:23 PM
Kim

Thanks for the responses. I am interested in seeing as much as SA has to offer. I realise there is a great deal of things to do, so any suggestions or stories of travelling experiences would be much appreciated. These are my plans and perhaps this will help narrow my question: <BR>* Capetown for about 2 weeks - I am interested in seeing the Winelands and local sights.<BR>* Then drive along the coast visit a friend in Pletenburg Bay then keep driving to eventually get back to Jo'burg to fly out around Feb. <BR>* Would like to see beautiful scenery, eg. beach and mountains<BR>* Would like to go to a Game park.<BR>

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:11 AM
local

Kim<BR><BR>I would like to share some ideas with you that we have done on two trips around the country.<BR><BR>I would use Plet as a base to visit the Cango Caves and ostrich farms at Oudtshoorn and the general area around Knysna. (Beaches and scenery)<BR><BR>Although we did not stay there, people talk very highly about Coffee Bay near Port Shepstone (north of East London) - beaches and scenery.<BR><BR>Go up the Sani Pass from Underberg into Lesotho with the highest pub in Africa. See www.sanisaunter.com - look under "contact" for a map. Also see www.sanitopchalet.co.za/gallery.html and www.sanipasstours.com for some photos. (Scenery - you should not be scared of heights...)<BR><BR>From here you can go to Durban.<BR><BR>Attend a concert of the Drakensberg Boys Choir. They have concerts on Wednesdays but not during the school holidays. See www.dbchoir.co.za (Scenery and concert)<BR><BR>Stay at Tendele in the Royal Natal National Park - see www.kznwildlife.com/Thendele_dest.htm (excellent scenery and hiking)<BR><BR>Stay at the Brandwag Hotel in the Golden Gate National Park near to Hrrismith - just north of the Royal Natal - see www.ecoafrica.com/SAPARKS/other/golden.htm or look under parks at www.parks-sa.co.za (incredible scenery)<BR><BR>Stay at the Ntshondwe camp in the Ithala game reseve just south of Swaziland and close to Pongola - see www.kznwildlife.com/ithala_dest.htm (They have the Big Five but not lions)<BR><BR>Visit Swaziland on the way to the Kruger Park<BR><BR>Visit Kruger Park and surrounding area and back to Jo'burg.<BR><BR>Make no mistake, the above itinerary takes some serious driving but the scenery is incredible. <BR><BR>I hope this helps a little. Just one more word of advice - the time that you are here is smack in the middle of the summer holiday and I would recommend seriously that you start to make some bookings now. <BR>