Travellers Tiwi Beach Hotel Kenya

Jan 24th, 2003, 04:07 AM
Irene

Travellers Tiwi Beach Hotel Kenya

Has anyone been to this hotel recently. We've booked for March 2003 and have read a very disturbing report about the hotel during Christmas 2002.

Can anyone help

Irene

Jan 24th, 2003, 10:40 AM
Lisa

Please could you let me know what this report was about as we are thinking of going to Travellers Tiwi Beach hotel in December!!

Jan 27th, 2003, 04:05 AM
Mark

Can you let me know what the report was as I am going to the Travellers Tiwi next week.

Thanks

Jan 27th, 2003, 04:06 AM
Irene

I don't think there is any need to worry Lisa

The report was from a guest (holidaying over Christmas) who complained about EVERYTHING from prices for safe hire to food

We are travelling with Somak and have contacted them. They have given us a comprehensive written assurance about all the points we raised have indicated that the report the guest gave is totally without substance - which is quite something for a holiday company to do - lets face it they usually leave themselves a way out! They did some research, even contacting their rep (who actually lives in the hotel) and told us that guests who filled in feedback questionnairs for the last 3 months rated the hotel as excellent.

I also emailed the hotel direct and have received very good information about the hotel. The hotel has already sold XX number of hotel rooms to Somak no matter what so I felt that it was good of the the General Manager to take the trouble to email twice with information.

I feel very reassured about our holiday now - and will certainly be travelling to Tiwi Beach in March.
If it helps I will post a message on this sight on my return and tell you how it was!!

If you have any further doubts, do as I have done, and contact the holiday company.

Hope this helps.

Irene

Apr 4th, 2003, 11:08 AM

I have not been to that hotel but I went to Kenya with Somak last october and I found them to be very professional. If they say that this hotel is ok I would believe them. they are a company who like to assure that there clients are happy and they would not include this hotel in their brochure unless it was of a decent standard. You will always find someone who finds fault with everything, generally because they have unrealistic expectations. I would not worry about one negative response.

Search this Thread