Traveller's Inn in central CapeTown

Jul 27th, 2002, 08:19 PM
jennifer

Traveller's Inn in central CapeTown

Has anyone stayed here? It looks good but I know nothing about the location. It is in central CapeTown on Corporation Street. Is this a good location? Convenient or inconvenient? Are there restaurants around? We will have a car but it would be nice to be in an area where it is interesting to walk around.

Thanks!

Jul 30th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Sandy

The central city is great in the day, you can walk everywhere, shop, parks, museums, etc.--- but not good/safe at night. I stayed at the St. Georges and either ate in the hotel or went to the harbour area at night. Great city-lots to see and do--have fun!

Aug 23rd, 2002, 11:12 PM
Lorraine

I would recommend La Splendida Lodge which is well located and has a bus stop right in front . The bus takes you directly to the Waterfront. It is safe and you can walk along the ocean . Lots of people walk there. It is not in the centre of town.
The rooms give you ocean or mountain views.It has a small restaurant and bar on the main floor. There were other much bigger hotels around. I do not know about restaurants because I would usually eat at the Waterfront.
I really liked the place and is reasonably priced.
I would certainly stay there if I go back.

Search this Thread