Impereial cities of Morocco

Old Jun 7th, 1999, 06:22 AM
marvin kestenbaum

Impereial cities of Morocco

There is a tour called "Imperial Cities of Morocco". I think I got a good deal at$1369 which includes airfare from Kennedy 7 days and 6 nights at a 5 star hotel,and all meals included. Does anyone know of a place who discounts tours for me to compare prices
Thank you

Old Jun 7th, 1999, 11:04 AM
elvira

Don't know about discounters, but the airfare alone is over $1200 right now from NYC.
We did our own tour last fall; paid $800 for airfare, hotels were $30 a night for 3* double room. Food is very VERY cheap. Sounds like you've got a good deal.

Old Jun 7th, 1999, 01:26 PM
Jeff Spirer

You should check with Royal Air Maroc on airfare. When we went six weeks ago, you could get $385 round trips from JFK-Casa.

Old Jun 8th, 1999, 10:30 AM
Karen

Any hotel suggestions? We are going to Morocco for our honeymoon in a few weeks and will spend a night at La Mamounia and Palais Jamal. Any suggestions for less expensive hotels? Is it better to stay in the new parts of town or closer to the medinas?

Old Jun 8th, 1999, 12:21 PM
elvira

There are less expensive hotels, but for a honeymoon, you may want the added luxuries La Mamounia or Palais Jamal offers. Another beautiful resort outside Marrakech is La Palmerie, but it's the same price range.

The newer parts of the cities provide the luxury, tourist hotels. Morocco is a Second-World country with a foot still in the Third World. If you stay in hotels that are not in the luxury, tourist category, you will be part of the country, with the attendant noise and aromas.
Be honest with yourself, and choose the accommodations that will make you happy. There is nothing wrong with choosing a high-priced luxury hotel if it means you will enjoy yourself.