Traveling to Israel with small children

Nov 3rd, 1999, 10:56 AM
Carri

Traveling to Israel with small children

Does anyone have any suggestions for seeing Israel with 2 children age 19 months and 5 years old. We are planning our trip for 11/13/99-11/26/99. Will they like the foods ok? Is there milk similar to the United States type. And the juices. Are there any good kid events during this time? Are we totally crazy to take our children this young? Thanks for and help and advice anyone can give us!!

Nov 7th, 1999, 05:39 PM
David

Only you can answer your question about being totally crazy in taking your children....! In Jerusalem there is the Biblical zoo where animals mentioned in the bible are kept. Milk is just like in the U.S. or anywhere else in the West. Juices are even better. Try going to Yovatah vegetarian restaurants, in addition to the food which is great they have fruit and melon drinks that are fabulous. They are in Netanya, Tel Aviv and elsewhere. There are also the ever present mcdonalds, pizza huts etc.I think a 5 year old would be able to absorb seeing different cultures while walking through the markets in Jerusalem and elsewhere.Also your 5 year old would enjoy the mud baths and floating at the dead sea. You need to watch her becasue the water cant be swallowed. In jerusalem there is a giant slide that is shaped like a monster (i think) not scary but from what i recall seemed to be great fun for kids. It's quite famous and centrally located. I'm sure lots of additional info is readily available when you get there or even on the web. Have a great trip!

Nov 8th, 1999, 09:18 AM
Debra Silver

You will have lots of fun with them. The milk and juices are the same if not better. They will enjoy all the climbing around the digs and ruins.

Search this Thread