Traveling to Israel for Honeymoom

Dec 1st, 2005, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

Traveling to Israel for Honeymoom

We are taking our honeymoon in Israel
We will be arring to Tel-Aviv airport and want to go straight to Eliat for 2-3 days to ralax, any idea on how to get there, so far i have seen air flight but that kind of getting out of hand with all the flyings since we are going NY-Milan-Rome-Tel- aviv so i don' think i can stomck another flight
Dec 1st, 2005, 08:18 AM

You can always take a bus down to Eilat, which will give you a chance to see more of the country. Also, you might want to stop in Jerusalem for a few nights, it's an amazing city.
Dec 1st, 2005, 01:12 PM

The flight down to Eilat is only around 45 minutes. The drive is at least 5 hours. You should be able to get a pretty cheap flight. Ditto Chloe's comment re Jerusalem. It would be a shame to be in Israel and not go there.
Dec 1st, 2005, 06:03 PM

You can take a 5 minutes ride (cab probably) to the old, domestic terminal and get on a flight to Eilat.

Check Arkia:
http://www.arkia.co.il/click/cl_4000.main

Or IsraAir
http://www.israirairlines.com/

You can also book your hotel thru those airlines as a package, and get wome good deals.

Yes, there is an Egged bus going to Eilat from Tel Aviv or Jerusalem -- or you could rent a car and drive to Eilat (go there thru Mitzpe Ramon, and back thru the Arava road) -- but I would rather rest a couple days in Tel Aviv, or Jerusalem, take care of your JetLeg, before going thru a 5 hour drive in the Negev desert...

Search this Thread