Search

Sarah Tours? Good outfit?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2001, 06:29 PM
Cathy McCann

Sarah Tours? Good outfit?

I am a woman travelling alone and plan on taking a 7 day tour of Morocco at the end of December. Has anyone had any experience with Sarah Tours operating out of Virginia? I've never taken a guided tour before--felt too independent--but for this place and time it might be a good idea.

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 01:18 PM
xxx

I would rather not put myself on a tour bus at this time if anything that is what terrorist will look for. I no nothing about rebels in Morocco. I can only tell you be prepared to be hounded and hounded and hounded to buy things. I would skip sorry to say unless you are up for the work out.

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 02:50 PM
Sue

I wouldnot travel in a group - far better to hire your own guide - very safe and very reasonable. You get a much better experience traveling with few rather than many. I have been to Maroc 3 times in 9 months and can't wait to go again!

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 10:41 AM
L

Yes, Cathy, being on a small tour is a good idea if you're a woman travelling alone in Morocco. Your official guides will sheild you very easily from folks wanting to see you things ... but you'll be buying anyway, and having fun negotiating. It is a very interesting country, and very beautiful. Have a good time, and do not feel compelled to do it by yourself. Sounds like you're experienced enough to know that this time you need to do it with others. Go with your intuition and experience. Ciao

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 11:46 AM
THAVERY

Cathy,<BR>Club Med is another option. Book through the Paris office and you get 7 days lodging, 3 meals a day, and air from Paris for around $600. Their phone is 0 810 810 810 or go to clubmed.com but choose france as the country.