Gate 1 to Egypt

Old Nov 26th, 2000, 12:05 PM
Jim

Gate 1 to Egypt

We just returned from Egypt on a Gate 1 tour. Can't say enough about how wonderful it was. Our guide was magnificent. She was amazingly knowledgeable and thoroughly passionate about her country and heritage. Most of Gate 1's arrangements were terrific. There were some minor glitches, but nothing to get excited about. I would recommend Gate 1 to anyone contemplating a guided tour of Egypt.

Old Dec 30th, 2000, 05:43 AM
Ty

I agree Jim, My wife and I have travelled a lot over the last twenty five years and Gate 1 was probably the best package we have taken. The arrangemnents fromt he Mena House, Old Cataract and The Oberoi Philae left us with the feeling that we woudl use them again for another derstination. They were not cheap, but well worth the money we spent when you added in all the features.

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 03:24 PM
Lia

Thanks for the recommendation for Gate 1. We're planning a trip to Egypt and Morocco and are considering using Gate 1. Others on our list include Isram, Homeric, Y'alla, Sarah and General Tours. Anyone have opinions about any of these or suggestions for others?

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 08:18 PM
Judy

We traveled with Ya'lla in November and would not recommend them. the list is long.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 07:48 AM
jodi

I went with Gate 1 to Egypt and felt they were terrific. Madame Magda was my main guide and I felt she gave me every thing I could have wished for...I only went with this company because they met my time frame, my travel agent did not know them but over the phone it sounded OK and i decided to take a chance. And, it was more that OK, I traveled alone and am an elderly female and I was never made to feel uncomfortable about either of my persuasians.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 06:03 AM
hortense roscoe

What is a Gate 1 Toour and how may I contact them?

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 06:01 AM
Kathy

I too am interested in Gate 1 tours to Egypt but have never heard of them. How do I contact them?

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 07:40 AM
rudy

To Hortense and Kathy:

Go to www.americantourist.com.

Old Apr 14th, 2001, 01:01 PM
Anita

I never heard of Gate 1 before, but after reading these past postings I found their website and gave them a call. Their trips look great. Much more upscale than Globus or Trafalgar. I am waiting for their new brochure to come out and will definitely book my trip with them. Thanks to all for the information.

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 10:01 AM
Randy

We've used Go Ahead Vacations for our honeymoon last year to London, Paris, and Rome. We were very satisfied with the accommodations and meals. We are booked for a trip this Sept to Egypt with them also. Their prices are very reasonable and you also get discounts the more trip you take. Their website is www.goheadvacations.com although I don't recommend booking online because they prices seem a bit more expensive.