beach sand for science fair

Old Feb 7th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beach sand for science fair

Message: My 3rd grade daughter is doing a science fair project on beach sands of the world. If anyone out there would be willing to send a sample of beach sand from an African beach we would be so grateful.

Does anyone have a contact name of a hotel person or a person living on the beach that we could maybe mail an addressed envelope with a collection bag to? This is a strange request but you never know who might be out there and willing to help. Please let us know...We also asked the folks that check the caribbean, european and australian boards.

Old Feb 8th, 2005, 05:36 AM

I will be in Cartagena, Colombia at the end of February (short trip to tide me over until Madagascar in May), and if you email me your address to thit_cho AT yahoo.com, I can send you some sand. I'll also be in St. Martin, Anguilla and St. Bart's in March (another pre-Africa trip).

Happy to send sand.

Michael
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 01:38 PM

Would you like sand from Alaska and Siberia?
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

thank would be so great! If you really want to send us some from there, please email at [email protected].
Thanks for your kindness and help.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 01:28 PM

The sand from Cartagena is in the mail -- please let me know when you receive it.
Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:44 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for the sand. We loved it. It is much browner than any other sand we have, definitely a unique sample. We really appreciate you doing that for us. When her project is complete, we will send an update and let you know where all she received sand from. It looks like we got a total of 20 samples. Thanks for your part in helping us!!!!