Travel Insurance Claim Update

Jan 18th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

Travel Insurance Claim Update

For those of you who remember, our bags with passports, air tickets, money, clothes were stolen out of our tent (all later recovered)at camp making us miss our connection to Livingstone, having to take a 7 hour taxi ride and missing out on one night in Livingstone. I filed a claim with my travel insurance company Travelex, for trip delay/interruption. After waiting nearly 2 months for the police report to arrive from Zambia, then mailing it off to Travelex, I got a check today for the total claim (over $1300.00) so I'm very happy today!(More money for Zambia/London in March!!!) From the time Travelex got my claim to the time I got my check was exactly two weeks. I'd recommend Travelex to anyone needing the coverage they provide. oh yeah, 48 more days!
Dennis
Jan 18th, 2006, 04:35 PM

Hi Dennis,

Congratulations on getting your claim resolved -- glad to hear it worked out.

Cheers,
Julian
Jan 18th, 2006, 05:50 PM

What a relief! Sorry again about your misfortune. So glad you are going back. All your bad luck probably happened in that first trip since theft of that magnitude is so rare.
Jan 18th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Lin

Thanks for posting this Dennis, I've been trying to decide which company to use this year and now I think I'll try yours.

Search this Thread