Travel Insurance

Aug 16th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Travel Insurance

I am just about ready to book our trip to Africa. The only question I have concerns travel insurance. We are senior citizens and our trip is expensive, and I am aware that these factors contribute to the cost.

We have a Platinum card from Amex which covers us for emergency medical evacuation and lost luggage, so we do not need a policy which includes those features. We would like to have a policy which covers cancellations due to illness, airline cancellations, etc.

Is there any other coverage we need? Does anyone know of an insurance company besides Access America?

Thanks.

Aug 16th, 2004, 09:26 AM

Mollybee - I think you will probably have to buy a package which will include what you have already. A good site to compare insurance is www.insuremytrip.com. Some of them do not include pre-existing conditions and some will cover you if you purchase the insurance within a certain number of days from when you make your deposit. I have had good luck with CSA. It is so confusing to read those darn policies but you can call the company if you are unsure about something on the above website.
Aug 16th, 2004, 09:47 AM
sandi

Definitely check the

www.insuremytrip.com

site, as Louise mentions - here you will find the major companies listed. Access America is a wellknown company, but you should check all companies and the various options with each. Depending on what your trip entails, you might be able to get insurance to cover cancellation and not evacuation, or cancellation and medical (in country) and not evacuation.

Each of the companies listed on the site have options, so do read what is available, and as mentioned, if these are not clear, or you have questions, do call the phone numbers provided and ask for explanations.

Search this Thread