Travel in March? Lion World Tours

Jun 28th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Original Poster

Travel in March? Lion World Tours

I have a two part question (I have posted before and can't find the thread..sorry
First, what should we expect of the weather in March. I know it is the "shoulder" season prior to the rains in April. Has anyone travelled then. The average high is 80, but one tour operator told me it would be horribly hot.
Second, has anyone used/heard of Lion World Travel? I posted this before and someone gave me a great link...which I lost. Thank again!
Jun 28th, 2005, 01:09 PM

I don't know the answers to your questions, but if you click on your name, all of your previous posts will appear in the left hand column.
Jun 28th, 2005, 06:23 PM

I did not give you the link, but I have been in touch with the company. Their prices are competitive and they have good links to Botswana as well as other countries in Africa. I am thinking of using them for my safari.
Jun 28th, 2005, 07:48 PM

We are just making our way back from South Africa!

I've never seen Lion World Tours here so I assume it is an agent selling packaged safaris?

From the web site, some of the tours appear to be from a well-known local operator http://www.springbokatlas.co.za/cgi-bin/sa/home.htm

If you are thinking about RSA, then you may save some $$ if you contact Springbok Atlas and some other local operators direct. You can probably get a private tour for only a fraction more than the big tour bus option.

I don't know who they use in Botswana and elsewhere.

Search this Thread