Search

TRAVEL IN ISRAEL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 1998, 07:52 AM
ELI RAPHAEL

TRAVEL IN ISRAEL

HOW MANY DAYS DO I NEED TO FULLY VISIT ISRAEL?

Old Apr 10th, 1998, 07:16 PM
Lisa

At least a week, but more would be so much better. Figure on at least 3 days to see the highlights of Jerusalem. A one-day tour would take you to Masada and the Dead Sea, possibly with a quick tour of lovely Ein Gedi. Another couple of days might take you north of Jerusalem to the Sea of Galilee, the Golan Heights, and Safed, a lovely art center and the site of Jewish mysticism and some fascinating old synagogues.Tel Aviv's Museum of the Diaspora is interesting if you are Jewish. I wouldn't take the long drive to Eilat unless you are a fan of underwater sights which are fabulous there. A 2 week visit would allow a much more in depth visit. Israel is about the size of New Jersey, but packed with more than 3000 years of history. Have fun!

Old May 3rd, 1998, 08:02 PM
SUEQ

While you are in Jerusalem, I can certainly recommend Allenby #2 Bed & Breafast. It was very clean, inexpensive, and Danny the owner was really great. His E-Mail is [email protected].
If you have any other questions, let me know.

Old May 8th, 1998, 06:31 PM
shula kantor

While you were in Jerusaleum did you do any good wallking tours.
Thank you for the suggestion of b and b, I will write to them.

Old May 8th, 1998, 06:35 PM
shula kantor

Hi Lisa, I am planning to take some young friends with me to Israel this year.
While you were in Jerusaleum did you do any walking tours and did you take a tour to Bethlehem.
We plan to do the Galillee and Dead Sea as well and I will send my young friends to Eilat so that they can take the trip to Petra.
I also suggested that they climb Mt Sinai, those were 2 things that I had already done.

Old May 22nd, 1998, 08:15 PM
Greg

If anyone is aware of cheap prices to Israel, let me know the best I found is 950

Old Jun 13th, 1998, 10:10 AM
Lisa

<BR>Shula, sorry I took so long to note your question.Walking tours in Jerusalem are great. We used the book Footloose in Jerusalem which outlines a number of great self-guided walks.In Israel you can find it at any bookstore in paperback. The tour of the Armenian quarter is really interesting, as are a number of others. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes; the cobbles are really hard on your feet.

Old Jun 15th, 1998, 08:24 AM
Carol

Will my cell phone work in Israel??? Will I be able to receive and place call's from and to the state's? <BR>

Old Jun 16th, 1998, 12:19 AM
Eli

Carol: Well, it depends... the cellphone system in Israel is based on CDMA technology. Your device must use the same technology (as opposed to GSM). If your phone is compatible, then you will have passed only the first hurdle. Now you need a local number. You can obtain it in any service station of the local two cellphone companies. This number must be programmed by the service person into your device. After that you can initiate or receive calls via this local number. And there is a charge for all this huppla as well. Another viable option for outgoing calls is the plastic phone-card. They come in various "sizes" - up to a 100 units, and can be used to dial-direct in the numerous pay phone booths.

Old Jun 25th, 1998, 08:47 PM
Sue Hamby

Hi Eli. Glad to see you are also still around. I think the phone cards are great and I found them to be extremely useful. Since I still had some money left on my card, I gave it to a friend at the B&B. <BR>Sue