Travel ideas Marrakech to Casablanca?

Jun 6th, 2002, 02:05 PM
Sarah

Travel ideas Marrakech to Casablanca?

we are two twenty-something girls travelling to Morocco for 2 weeks in June. We fly into Marrakech and out of Casablanca and want to include the Atlas Mountains and the beach in our tour. Any ideas of how best to do this, where to stay and what not to miss?
Oh and any tips on carpet buying?

Jun 6th, 2002, 08:02 PM
Ralph

Morocco has very good trains and there is good service from Marrakech to Casablanca. In Marrakech it will be easy to find a day tour into the Atlas mountains. An alternative would be to take a bus thru the Atlas mountains from Marrakech to Fez, then a train from there to Casablanca. Buying rugs can be as simple or complex as you want to make it. Before you go you could study books about rugs and visit local rug shops to learn as much as you can in advance. Or you can just wait until you get to Morocco without a lot of advance knowledge. Be prepared to bargain and to face a lot of pressure to buy. I buy rugs because I like they way the look and think they will look good in my home. I am not interested in an investment that will appreciate in value. So I enjoy shopping experience, buy what I like, and do not spend so much that I would be bothered if I felt that I paid too much. If you do some bargaining, perhaps having a goal of paying one half of the original asking price, you will visit shops when you arrive back home and will see that you saved money by buying in Morocco.

Jun 9th, 2002, 06:34 PM
Sue

I hired a guide who proved invaluable and was very resonably priced. Spoke very good english and was easy to travel with.if you would like his email,please contact me.

Search this Thread