Travel From Zanzibar Airport to Nungwi

Old May 1st, 2018, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel From Zanzibar Airport to Nungwi

My wife and I will be arriving at the Zanzibar airport mid-morning and have lodging booked in Nungwi beginning that evening. I see that the distance from the airport to Nungwi is about 36 miles (58 km). We will not be renting a car. May I assume that the most efficient way to journey from the airport to Nungwi is via taxi or is their another option that I ought to consider? If a taxi is the option to use what should I expect to pay for this journey? Would appreciate advice on this. Thanks.
Old Aug 31st, 2018, 06:05 AM

I wouldn't recommend renting a car. Roads are bad and you will need special driving permits of you will end up being stopped by police and asked for money.
The easiest way to get to Nungwi is a taxi. It takes 1.5 hours. At the airport it cost $60 and you can also ask your hotel to organize a taxi for same price. If you walk outside the airport the price will be $40.
Old Sep 4th, 2018, 04:19 AM

The only way is by taxi
There are plenty waiting at the airport at all time
It cost $60 which is quite expensive comparing to $40 if you get a taxi outside the airport
There are alos local busses but that will take toooooo long and it is a bit of a hectic experience if you have just landed on the island.