Travel from Sharm el Sheikh to Luxor?

Mar 21st, 2002, 06:41 AM
chris

Travel from Sharm el Sheikh to Luxor?

Any advice on the possibility of taking a 1 day side trip from Sharm to Luxor? I'm assuming Egypt Air is only airline for this, but I've heard various things about their untimely service. If I only go for one day, the last thing I need is an airline that doesn't stick to a schedule!

Mar 21st, 2002, 12:24 PM
steve

If you get there at all, that is. The report finally came out today (years late) confirming that an egyptian pilot was responsible for crashing EgyptAir flight 990 on a transatlantic flight, killing all aboard.

Also don't forget that luxor was the scene of a massacre of dozens of european tourists by islamic terrorists.

Given how they partied in cairo on 9/11, maybe you might want to rethink your plans.

Anyway if you decide to go - best of luck and let us know how it went.

Regards,
Steve

Mar 21st, 2002, 03:36 PM
gail

Concerns for travel to Middle East at this time aside, we took 6 separate EgyptAir flights last April - RT JFK to Cairo plus 4 internal flights. All planes were new, on-time, clean. Cabin staff was overly efficient, if not especially personable. Food was a little odd, but no worse than on US airlines. Our experiences were all positive.

Mar 21st, 2002, 11:09 PM
Joelle

We had last year the same experience as Gail. Our Egyptair flights (internal flights)were perfectly on time.
Also some relatives (Europeans and Americans) just came back from Alexandria last week and had absolutely no problem.

Mar 22nd, 2002, 05:02 AM
Joan

It only takes one incident to ruin your whole day.

Mar 23rd, 2002, 02:25 AM
Chris

Gail& Joelle:
Did you make your Egypt Air reservations before you arrived in Egypt or once you got there? I am having difficulty with their website, plus I am not sure which day we might take the trip to Luxor. I gather that the Sharm-Luxor flights only happen on certain days, so I could plan my trip accordingly. If you have any advice on planning a one-day trip to Luxor, please let me know!

Search this Thread