Travel from Israel to Egypt by bus or train?

Aug 12th, 1997, 12:03 PM
Jeff Ross

Travel from Israel to Egypt by bus or train?

I'll be in Jerusalem at the end of October and I would like to take a bus or train to Cairo and see the Pyramids. Can I do this? Are these tours available?

Aug 13th, 1997, 05:12 AM
Naomi Schwartz

Hi Jeff, there is no train service between Israel and Egypt. You can either travel from Jerusalem, Tel-Aviv or Eilat by bus to Cairo. The trip from Tel-Aviv to Cairo would be about 12-14 hours or you can fly from Tel-Aviv. There are also organised tours from Israel to Egypt.

Aug 13th, 1997, 05:30 AM
Naomi Schwartz

Hi Jeff, there is no train service between Israel and Egypt. You can either travel from Jerusalem, Tel-Aviv or Eilat by bus to Cairo. The trip from Tel-Aviv to Cairo would be about 12-14 hours or you can fly from Tel-Aviv. There are also organised tours from Israel to Egypt.

Aug 14th, 1997, 08:03 AM
Israel Tal

Jeff! There is even no bus from Jerusalem to Egypt - there was no demand for it and they cancelled it. But the route Tel-Aviv - Cairo still exists, and if you'll be in Eilat, it's closer. Of course, there are plains too...

Aug 20th, 1997, 09:19 AM
Jeff Ross

Thanks so much, Israel. Can you give me an approximate price on how much a bus would be from Tel Aviv to Cairo?? Also, what type of visa is needed?

Aug 20th, 1997, 09:22 AM
Jeff Ross

Naomi, have you heard of a tour that you would say is safe and you would recommend??

Search this Thread