Travel by bus from Luxor to Hurghada?

Apr 20th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Original Poster

Travel by bus from Luxor to Hurghada?

Hi,

I am traveling with one other person to Egypt in early May. After spending time in Luxor, we had planned to travel to Hurghada. I am having trouble finding details around transportation and am hoping you all can help answer a few questions?

1. We had planned to take a bus from Luxor to Hurghada, however is there a better way to go? (I believe I've heard of some flying and though we aren't on a strict budget, the bus seems just as easy).

2. Is there any bus companies that are highly recommended? (SuperJet?) I have seen private companies such as ( http://www.viator.com/tours/Luxor/Pr...-3124LUXHRG/TR ) are these any better?

3. I have read a lot of people talking about bus convoys. How does this work into the travel? Do we need to ensure on our own that our bus is part of a convoy? Is this something that happens automatically no matter what bus you take?

4. Do we need to book ahead of time or can we wait until we get into Luxor and have our hotel help us with this, or even just by a ticket at the bus station?

5. As a side note, I don’t see many people on the forums talking about Luxor > Hurghada. We had planned to go to Sharm after Hurghada, however is there any reason to bypass Hurghada all together? We had planned to go for the scuba diving and snorkeling and generally hanging out on the beach.

Thank you all in advance!
Apr 21st, 2009, 05:24 AM

What made you decide on Hurghada? If I had a choice, I would skip Hurghada and go straight to Sharm. Sharm is not my fav place either (I prefer the quiet of El Gouna), but it is great for those who want to dive/snorkel. Supposed to be one of the best places to dive.

Keep in mind.....there isn't much of a "beach" in any of thoses places. The reef in Sharm comes almost right up to the shore, so there is no big sandy beach. Altho a few hotels (Sheraton is one I think) have created a more typical beachy environment.
Apr 26th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply, Grcxx3. Helpful information.
Apr 27th, 2009, 03:21 AM

You might want to check out Dahab, a laid-back diving resort between Sharm and Taba. Don't know about bus service, though!