Travel between Nairobi and Arusha

Mar 14th, 2001, 03:45 AM
Victoria

Travel between Nairobi and Arusha

We are thinking about going on our first safari to Kenya nad Tanzania in January 2002 so now it is a time to do an extensive research before we decide on any specific company. I would like to hear what are your personal experiences and suggestions on traveling between those two places. We wish to visit Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater. How many days do you think we should stay in each place? If you were going again would you stay in the lodges or the mobile camps. Thank you for helping me to plan the trip of our lives

Mar 14th, 2001, 07:04 AM
Kathy

I just returned from a safari trip in Tanzania and can highly recommend Thomson Safaris - they run an excellent safari operation and their mobile camp was wonderful. If you would like to see my trip report you could visit my website at www.nokanda.org. Tanzania is spectacular...enjoy your trip and your planning.

Mar 14th, 2001, 11:24 AM
kim

I just returned from Kenya. I did a safari with Star Travel (local Nairobi outfit), staying at The Mara Sarova Tented Lodge. The tour company was excellent, they threw in an extra game drive for us and provided us with lots of free bottled water. The Mara Sarova was also excellent. The staff was friendly and helpful and the setting was beautiful.

Search this Thread