Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews

Nov 5th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Original Poster

Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews

Hi there,

Has anyone had any experience working with the "Cape to Cairo" Travel agency in DC?

I've been in touch with a travel agent who came highly recommended, and who is proposing wonderful itineraries, but they all seem very pricey. From their (apparently) outdated website, Cape to Cairo appears to offer comparable itineraries for significantly less.

I'd be interested in other's experiences as I try to determine whether the first agent is overpriced, or whether "Cape to Cairo" will lead to some unpleasant surprises.

Thanks!
Nov 14th, 2014, 06:43 PM

One thing to check is how many on the trip in comparing companies.

If you post the two itineraries here, including the lodging and parks, then you can get a more detailed response on the value of each.

Good luck in your planning.
Nov 20th, 2014, 02:16 AM

I't absolutely advisable to contact a local reputalbe tour operator. Just to gicve you an idea, any agent in the US buys the package from a local TO and re-sells it to you, so by going directly to the source you skip one step in the distribution chain and this translates in better value for money and first hand information and advice. Avoid local tour operators which have reps or branches in the US or UK: reps and branches are costs and eventually have a negative impact on the final price of your trip.
All the best,
Oliver
Nov 22nd, 2014, 09:04 AM

While Cape to Cairo is a reputable tour operator, but they are also somewhat costly. As others suggest, best you work with an in=country tour outfitter who can provide the same itinerary at a great savings on your pocket. There are many out there and we all have our favorites, but is often the best way to go. You need a bit more research.

Good luck!

Search this Thread